Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rambling on at the keyboard...

Just some random thoughts...
If it's true that "you're not fat, you're pregnant," then is part of my baby growing in my face, arms and butt?

As heard in an Aerosmith song, "Life's a Journey, not a destination."

No, Barack Obama is not a Muslim. He is a Baptist.

Why is it that I can remember to pack a perfectly healthy lunch, balanced with protein, vegetables and dairy, and forget to grab it off the counter when I head out the door?

Does my dog really know that I'm having a baby, or does she just think mommy is bulking up for the winter?

As heard in a Carrie Underwood song, "And now he's wrapped around her finger, She's the center of his whole world. And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl."

I told a colleague the other day that she was "such a blessing." De ja vu from my Mom telling my brothers and I to "be a blessing" (aka -- shut the heck up) when we were throwing tantrums in public.

When I tell you I work at the newspaper, why is it automatically my fault that your newspaper delivery person keeps throwing your paper underneath your car?

As heard in an Alicia Keys song, "Life's too short to waste one day."

Should I be offended when someone says, "I'm a dork. I live at home alone with my dog..." lol (if you're reading this) ;-)

If you ask for your burger without a bun because you are on a low-carb diet, it does you no good to eat 3 loaves of our bread (Outbackers, you know what I mean).

The coolest thing about living in Orlando are the 5-year-old girls from Indiana who ask you if you are friends with all the Disney princesses.

Why do I feel convicted when I watch Family Guy, and Stewie makes fun of his dog, Brian, for supposedly working on his "novel?" (Stewie: How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience?)

The snow covered buildings in downtown Chicago are best enjoyed in a red pea coat, cream-colored gloves and a really fluffy scarf, while drinking mint hot chocolate (snowflakes swirling around your pink face).

The only (repeat) ONLY time it is allowed to eat two fully-loaded Chicago style hot dogs is from the bleachers at Wrigley Field.

Hot wings have never smelled so bad...

People aren't "liberal" or "conservative" -- their own experiences place certain issues closer to their heart.

Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.

Don't be too hard on your pets if they want a lot of attention -- how would you feel if you sat at the door all day, just waiting for one pet or kind word from your best friend?

And finally... (per Veronica) -- love even those people who anger you because it isn't our call to judge, or hate. Being kind keeps your heart open to the opportunities around you, instead of closed off in rage...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so I just have to say...hot wings smell like heaven to me! I'm just afraid of what they would do to my stomach... :)
Maddie

Anonymous said...

Oh, and that Carrie Underwood song makes me cry, without fail, ever time I hear it. Only 3 more weeks until I can find out!
Maddie