Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A few words...

on what I look like right now.

I was about to walk out the door and looked down and realized that there was a spot of spit up on my black pants. Low and behold -- there was a twin spot on the other pant leg. Then I realized I hadn't shaved my legs for a few days, and it was pretty obvious. Ok... time to change my pants.

Then I noticed that my shirt was especially wrinkled, from sitting underneath a pile of baby clothes for a few days. And my necklace was on wrong -- with the gemstone facing in, not out.

My hair is a huge grease ball, just piled on top of my head for now. I was wearing flip-flops until I realized that my nail polish was chipped, so now it's slip on closed-toed flats.

My purse is tan, even though my outfit (new and old) is black -- but I don't have the energy to transfer all the necessary items to a black purse.

But don't worry... Emilia looks great in her ocean blue onesie and ruffle-butt skirt/shorts that match her bright blue eyes.

And the truth is, it wouldn't matter if I had my act together and looked like a super model right now -- because all anyone would see is my adorable baby anyway.

So wrinkles, stubble, grease, chipped nail polish and spit up stains be damned. I'm heading out the door.

No comments: